Storytelling comes in many forms. In gaming, we play out scenes through our avatars and with our imaginations. As strange as it may seem, the creative storytelling process of filmmaking isn’t much different! In episode 17, Ron Newcomb and I examine Ron’s journey from law enforcement officer to filmmaker, some parallels between gaming and filmmaking, and the movement towards community involvement for independent filmmakers.
What Are the Kids Playing?
Definitive Gaming History
Main Topic – Community Filmmaking
Questions/Topics for discussion:
- How did you get into filmmaking?
- With Rise of the Fellowship, the goal of the main characters is to travel across the country and participate in a Lord of the Rings Online PvP tournament. Were/are you a LOTRO player, and how did you come up with that concept?
- Talk about some of the high and low points of creating that movie.
- Was Rise of the Fellowship your first full-length film?
- Explain the difference between your approach to creating The Rangers versus Rise of the Fellowship
- Do you consider the new approach a success?
- What is The Forge Studios?
- What did you learn during the filmmaking process of the other films that led to the formation of The Forge?
- Do you have any films planned for the future?
- One of the slogans on your website is “They said we couldn’t. We said watch us.” Is that a commentary on the current state of the entertainment industry (specifically filmmaking)?
- What can people do if they want to get involved in filmmaking via The Forge Studios?
What Have I Been Up to?
Retirement of two TGEN shows: Massive Failure and Roleplay Domain due to creator Joseph’s retirement from podcasting
TGEN Tribunal 2 – All about the NBI
Featured network show: Couch Podtatoes
You can send your feedback to email@example.com and I’ll read it on the podcast. Reminder that Beyond Bossfights is on iTunes and would appreciate your ratings and reviews!
Beyond Bossfights is also on stitcher, AND Player FM so add it to your playlists!
Lastly, Beyond Bossfights now has a “nook” & forum on Anook.com, so make sure to follow us there, and start a conversation of your own!
- Twitter: @TheForgeStudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Forge-Studios/647935258638614
- Website: www.TheForgeStudios.com
- Twitter: @Braxwolf
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anook: anook.com/braxwolf
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/braxwolf
- YouTube: www.YouTube.com/braxwolf
- Blog: braxwolf.wordpress.com
Voiceover by Alexa Rubinov